- Take the beltway (I-695) toward Towson to I-83 south; take I-83 south to Exit 9 (Cold Spring Lane) eastbound.
- Take Cold Spring Lane east to Roland Ave. and turn right.
- At the fork at the first light on Roland, bear left, proceeding south on University Pkwy.
- Follow University Pkwy. for four additional lights; turn right at the fourth light, into the woods on San Martin Drive. (If you cross Charles St., you have missed the turn onto San Martin.)
- The Institute is the first building on the right.
From the east, west or north
From the south, taking Martin Luther King Blvd. to the Institute
From either route A or B, see detailed map for directions.
From I-95 north
- From I-95 north, take Exit 53 onto I-395 north.
- Take I-395 to exit for Martin Luther King Blvd. north.
From Md. 295 north (Russell St. in Baltimore)
- Md. 295 north becomes Russell St. in Baltimore; from Russell, take exit for Martin Luther King Blvd. north. (NOTE: The signs are small!) This puts you briefly on a service road that runs parallel to Russell.
- On service road, stay to the left to avoid being forced onto I-395 exit; take ramp for Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Take MLK Blvd. north until it ends at the light at Howard St. (Remain in one of the middle lanes of MLK Blvd. to avoid a premature forced right or left turn.)
- Turn left at Howard and proceed north about two miles to 29th St.
- One block past the light at 29th St., where Howard curves to the right and turns into Art Museum Dr., turn left at the traffic island onto Wyman Park Dr.
- Where Wyman Park Dr. curves hard to the left, bear right, into the woods on San Martin Drive.
- Follow San Martin Drive north approximately one mile to the Institute, the third building on the left.